- Starting Price: $100.00
- 0 Feedback
I am a Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), the Nova Scotia College of Social Workers (NSCSW) and a member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). I am a graduate of York University, where I earned a Master of Social Work and a Bachelor of Social Work with a Minor in Human Rights and Equity Studies. Additionally, I hold a diploma in Social Service Work and Life Skills Coach Certification from George Brown College.
I have over 13 years of experience supporting diverse populations within various capacities including counselling, mental health, crisis intervention, educational advocacy, positive youth development, immigration challenges, family reunification and intergenerational trauma.
I have also held various volunteer leadership roles within my community and I am passionate about empowerment and social change that is rooted in equity, diversity and inclusion.
“My approach to practice is anti-oppressive, client-centred, trauma-informed and practical. I am committed to delivering a high standard of care that is premised on integrity, collaboration and compassion.” – Cleo
• Support diverse clients in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Prince Edward
Island who are experiencing varying life stressors and/or living with mental health
• Provide psychoeducation, information, and referral services accordingly
• Work in partnership with numerous colleges, universities, and victims’ services to support
clients that they refer to Breelove
• Support children and youth who are living with mental health challenges
• Provide comprehensive, person-centered assessment, counselling, and discharge planning
• Provide evaluation of clients’ progress using standardized assessment tools and
other evidence-based methodologies
• Work individually and/or collaboratively with the Family Support Workers team, the
client and/or family/guardian, to develop Personal Plans of Care based on the principles of
person-centered planning, right to self-determination and choice
• Provide education, information, and referral services to the most appropriate physician(s),
community agencies and/or care providers to best meet the holistic needs of each client.
• Assessing, intervening, and developing individualized safety plans when imminent risks
• Liaising with the respective school board’s social workers to develop plans that support
each client’s continued learning, and ongoing development
“Cleo Blackwood” Answers