Research states that 1 in 4 people will suffer a mental health crisis at some point in their lives. All the more reason why we need to overcome the stigmas often associated with reaching out for help. Most people have that great friend, associate, or family member that gives great advice, but employing the skills of a trained mental health professional may be what’s required to help you get through your difficult situation. Here are some benefits of seeking professional help.
- Provision of a safe space to unpack issues
- Relief from depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions.
- Change unhelpful behaviours so you can feel better
- Development of helpful coping strategies
- Reignite hope, and sense of worth
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills
- Improve self-compassion, self-esteem, and self-acceptance
- Resolve problems through science-based, evidence-based interventions
- Psychoeducation to increase knowledge and build awareness
- Receive an accurate assessment of problem areas
- Use of psychometric tools to measure progress
- Treatment plan is collaborative
- Set SMART Goals to ensure a successful outcome
- Eliminate stigma and shame
- Improve overall mental health and well-being
- Resource connection
If you or someone you know is not coping well and you are worried about their mental, emotional, or physical health, please search our platform directory and reach out to one of our mental health clinicians to book an appointment. If this is an emergency, please call Crisis Services Canada at 1-833-456-4566 or call 911.